1. So, the Munsters "re-imagining," 1313 Mockingbird Lane, looks interesting. Aside from darker clothing, the cast doesn't look very monster-like (Herman is no Frankenstein), but I hear they will definitely act like monsters, complete with cannibalistic dining habits. Portia De Rossi looks great as Lily Munster. The comedic aspect of the series is supposedly more Six Feet Under than original Munsters slapstick, and I think that will fit right in with today's cynical climate. The show's creator was also behind Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies (love!).
2. The Olympics have been great, despite a "meh" opening ceremony. Maybe the sexiest games I've ever seen. I love how the divers' bikinis seem to get tinier with every games. And watching Oscar Pistorius was quite inspirational. Other highlights: Danell Leyva...and his butt.
3. Water polo is my new favorite sport. So deliciously grabby! I'm just not certain I'd want to play it. I want to keep my wiener and did I mention how grabby the sport is? Which brings me to a small complaint: more underwater camera action please. How are we supposed to understand a sport if we don't see every...single...angle?
4. Peter Jackson has announced that The Hobbit will indeed be a trilogy. I'm wondering if this means he will incorporate more of the tales from The Silmarillion.
5. I'm bringing me mom with me to the GRL Retreat in October in New Mexico. She's always wanted to go to Albuquerque and this way I don't have to stay in the haunted hotel room by myself. I just need to find a way to explain the cowboy stripper bar to her...and why I WILL NOT take her, no matter how much she begs.
6. Inspired by the Olympics, I have been thinking of starting a comedy set in Ancient Greece in the spirit of my Jasper Lane books. The story would focus on some randy, naughty, naked athletes in the games and a few of their fans. Archaeologists over the years have found graffiti on walls where the athletes prepared before the games that were the "Jonny is a whore" of their day. Cattiness never dies apparently, and I think that would lend itself well to my type of satire. And just think of the fun I could have with names. Oh, those wacky Greeks!
7. At the beginning of the year, as some of you may know, I set a few goals for myself and they have all been accomplished to some extent. I have a new living situation, I got some help for my foot, my epic manuscript was edited, and I have been working very hard on working out and getting my sexy on. So, now I am making three goals for 2013: I want to start a new career as a travel writer; I want to go to England/the British Isles; and I would like to get to Burning Man dressed as Brandon Flowers from The Killers' "Spaceman" video (Thanks, Stacey!). Next year is all about travel. Life is short. See as much of it as you can.
8. Mark your calendars! November 8th I will be interviewed on StonewallLive Blog Radio. I'll give you more info once I have it. I'm gonna be a star, Momma!! A star!!