Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Sunday, October 28, 2012
2. Tj Klune, Medicine Woman: How's your face today?
Tj: Your Jiminy Crickets or whatever it's called.
Me: My trigemenal Neuralgia?
Tj: Yeah. I can't pronounce that. For now on it shall be known as hurt face.
I adore him.
3. Damon Suede had a better ass than any of the strippers on stage at that cowboy stripper thing.
4. I'm never flying stateside again. What a horror. That is all.
5. Everyone was awesomely helpful with my cane and vertigo and all-out clumsiness. I loved how Teej held onto my belt loop when we walked. He made me feel so secure. Don't let his sarcasm fool you. He's extremely romantic.
6. The casbah? Oh, we fuckin' rocked that shit.
7. I now know how Brangelina must feel. Anyone get a photo of us kissing? The Klarvin must have one.
8. If there is a zombie apocalypse my friend Lanny will be the person I will be running to for protection. Bitch is like a tiny Micchone!
9. There we are, being all freaking adorable...
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Woke Up in a Strange Place: Joe, having recently woke up naked and without any knowledge of who he is in a field of barley, is traveling with his spirit guide, a folk singer named Baker, down a river. They come to a great waterfall where Joe will remember the first important occurrence of his life. Um...did I mention this is an award-winning novel? I mean, not that it matters...
Sunday, October 7, 2012
2. I may be the only person alive who is not completely in love with the new Mumford & Sons album, Babel. May yet grow on me. The truth is, the albums that take their time to grow on me often turn out to be favorites. My issue with the album is, it feels like more of the same. Still, it's 20 times better than anything being played on the radio these days.
3. Don't you hate it when films come out that resemble ideas you came up with years ago? This has happened to me twice, once with the John Cusack thriller Identity (my version of the same idea was set on a train and called Train Of Thought) and now more recently with Looper. I still have the outlines to prove it. Sigh. If only I had connections. I might be rich.
4. If the gays truly ran Hollywood Addams Family Values would have swept the Oscars in 93.
5. I received the stupendously awesome sauce news early this week that Harmony Ink Press has accepted my spec fic epic The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles & Men for publication. This is the best news since the doctors told me I was gonna live after brain surgery!
6. I received a call this week from some place whose recorded message lady claimed I had filled out a survey and I was the recipient of a 7-night Caribbean cruise. I didn't trust this strangely cheerful lady, so I turned the cruise down. How do I know she doesn't want to enslave me or turn me into a sex slave? ...I have trust issues.
8. I'm checking on rights and such and if everything turns out right I plan on uploading my first book The Rest Is Illusion to Good Reads for anyone to read FOR FREE. Why for free you ask? Two reasons: 1) I look at it as a good investment. If I can get people to read that maybe they'll be interested in my other stuff; 2) I don't want to be sued by the original publisher for using their cover image, etc. and not paying them even though they are now no longer in business. I'll keep you posted.
9. Has anyone seen #7? It was a political observation but got scared of being yelled at.