1. I haven't been to a movie theater since 03 when I saw Return of the King. I have always said that the only way I'd ever go to one again was if they made The Hobbit. Then Cloud Atlas comes along. Will this be the film that gets me back in a movie theater for the first time since Return of the King in 03? Or should I let that honor go to The Hobbit for a full circle effect? Hmmmm. I DO like full circles.
2. I may be the only person alive who is not completely in love with the new Mumford & Sons album, Babel. May yet grow on me. The truth is, the albums that take their time to grow on me often turn out to be favorites. My issue with the album is, it feels like more of the same. Still, it's 20 times better than anything being played on the radio these days.
3. Don't you hate it when films come out that resemble ideas you came up with years ago? This has happened to me twice, once with the John Cusack thriller Identity (my version of the same idea was set on a train and called Train Of Thought) and now more recently with Looper. I still have the outlines to prove it. Sigh. If only I had connections. I might be rich.
4. If the gays truly ran Hollywood Addams Family Values would have swept the Oscars in 93.
5. I received the stupendously awesome sauce news early this week that Harmony Ink Press has accepted my spec fic epic The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles & Men for publication. This is the best news since the doctors told me I was gonna live after brain surgery!
6. I received a call this week from some place whose recorded message lady claimed I had filled out a survey and I was the recipient of a 7-night Caribbean cruise. I didn't trust this strangely cheerful lady, so I turned the cruise down. How do I know she doesn't want to enslave me or turn me into a sex slave? ...I have trust issues.
8. I'm checking on rights and such and if everything turns out right I plan on uploading my first book The Rest Is Illusion to Good Reads for anyone to read FOR FREE. Why for free you ask? Two reasons: 1) I look at it as a good investment. If I can get people to read that maybe they'll be interested in my other stuff; 2) I don't want to be sued by the original publisher for using their cover image, etc. and not paying them even though they are now no longer in business. I'll keep you posted.
9. Has anyone seen #7? It was a political observation but got scared of being yelled at.