Sunday, January 27, 2013

The List: Books and Botox

1. My sister, Amy Morrison, aka Amy Arvin, has been hired by Empire Press to do the cover for my upcoming books The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles & Men and its fabtastic prequel Azrael & The Light Bringer. This is in no way nepotism. Believe me. If anything we're Joan Fontaine and Olivia De Havilland. (Does anyone get that, or am I too much of a nerd?) Here's a sample of her work and the style we're aiming for:



2. Cover artist Paul Richmond has chosen Woke Up in a Strange Place as his favorite cover he's ever done. I remember first seeing this and my jaw literally dropping. I might have even drooled. I'm gross. Clearly, one of the best covers of 2011 and if I were a better selling writer, Paul would have won something for it.



3. My men and music site Daventry Blue is now officially closed. It was a lot of fun, but I had said everything I needed to say with that blog, that being "Hubba hubba wonka wonkaa ooooo!" I appreciate the thousands and thousands of visitors. You made four years of my life fly by. I WANT THEM BACK!!

4. The French version of Simple Men is set for release on February 12th. This joins the Spanish, Italian, and, of course, English versions. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in any of those three languages, so I have no idea what I wrote.



5. I had my first botox treatment. How do I look?


Seriously, though, it was for my foot. My face is still as Arvinian as ever.


6. Woke Up in a Strange Place was mentioned in another book! How cool is that? Jackson Cordd discusses it in his book Cleats in Clay. I'm a pretty girl, Momma! Now, I can leave this planet with my alien brethren with the knowledge that my name will live on.

7. And finally, Tj Klune, me very own boyfriend, won the Goodreads M/M Romance group award Best M/M Romance of all time for Bear, Otter & The Kid. I'm so veddy veddy proud! That book is going to be read and loved for years to come. Which is awesome. Because he's coming with me. In space. With the aliens. Where no one can hear him scream. In bed.

4 comments: