Saturday, April 7, 2012

REPOST: Death in the Hospital

Posted this on my other blog last July concerning something that happened to me while I was in the hospital with a deadly case of pneumonia in September 2010 (I can't seem to keep away from those places!). I post this now because of a convo I had yesterday with my friend Stacey:


I thought I'd share another of the strange occurrences/hallucinations/visions I had last September when I was in the hospital for a month with a deadly strain of pneumonia. Again, it felt as real as real. As real as me standing here and typing this post.

I saw, in this state, that I was no longer in my hospital room. I was in a bed, but the bed was in the attic of a Victorian home. I didn't actually see the outside of the house, but somehow I just knew it was Victorian. The furniture was all of that period, as was the clothing of my nurse, Lilly. She wore her long dark hair (which in reality was cut short) swept up into a knot on the top of her head. She wore a long dark, chekered gown which had a lace neck that went all the way up to just under her chin. I remember her checking on something beside my bed, though there were no electronic items in sight. I guess my mind blocked them out to favor the vision. All the noise around me was water-logged.

My mother sat on the other side of my bed toward my feet, dressed in Victorian wear (she loves the period) and reading from a book. I'll say right now that I have never been a fan of anything Victorian. The style of fashion and architecture has never appealed to me, so I'm still a bit confused as to why this vision came to me in such a manner.

So, there I was. In a Victorian era house instead of a hospital room. And it hit me. I was dead. That's the thought that came over me suddenly. I am dead and they aren't telling my mother I am dead. It was the strangest feeling. I was shocked yet relieved. And I felt like I was waiting on something to happen so I could move on to...somewhere. But first I needed someone to tell my mother I was dead and I was so upset they weren't doing so. And I was so certain. I was so certain I was dead.

6 comments: